Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Half Brioche Half Sourdough Burger Buns.
You can cook Half Brioche Half Sourdough Burger Buns using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Half Brioche Half Sourdough Burger Buns
- You need 675 g of bread flour.
- You need 225 g of sourdough starter.
- Prepare 40 g of Honey.
- It’s 50 g of Melted butter.
- Prepare 8 g of salt.
- Prepare 7 g of dried yeast.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 284 g of tepid water.
- Prepare of to glaze.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 1 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 5 g of sesame seeds.
Half Brioche Half Sourdough Burger Buns instructions
- Melt the butter slowly in a pan and put to one side.
- Put all wet ingredients plus the yeast in a mixer bowl and stir together. then add 3/4 of the flour and all the salt and mix together..
- Put the dough hook on the mixer and knead for 8 mins on medium to low speed. Whilst that is needing slowly add a bit of the melted butter, then a bit of the leftover flour, then some more butter, then some more flour and so on until butter and flour are gone..
- Shape the dough into a ball and put back into the now clean(ish) mixer bowl, cover and leave to proof for 2 hours..
- Tip onto dry work surface and cut into two pieces. Then cut each piece into 9 (you can use a scale to be consistent, dont worry about adding bits to get weight right. You can do all 18 or put the other half in a bowl with cling film and put in fridge to do the next day (up to 36hrs)..
- With each piece now pinch the top and pull to the middle for a lttle knead, slight turn and repeat 8-10 times each piece to help shape into a ball. Then put the seam on the surface and roll with a cupped hand to create tension into a ball. Put onto baking tray with grease proof underneath..
- Do all balls and leave to proof for 2 more hours with a piece of clingfilm loose on top..
- With 30 mins left of proofing heat your oven to 200'..
- Brush top with glaze (egg yolk and milk) and add sesame seeds..
- Bake for 18-21 mins until dark. turn 2 or 3 times for even colour. Leave to cool 1hr.
- Leave to cool 1hr.