Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sourdough Pan Pizza.
You can have Sourdough Pan Pizza using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sourdough Pan Pizza
- Prepare of Dry ingredients.
- You need 570 g of Type "00" flour or strong white flour.
- It’s 15 g of salt.
- Prepare of Wet Ingredients.
- Prepare 375 ml of lukewarm water.
- It’s 15 ml of olive oil.
- You need 45 g of Sourdough starter.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- It’s of Tomato Sauce.
- You need of Anchovies.
- It’s of Mozzarella.
- Prepare of Parsley.
- It’s of Kalamata olives.
- Prepare of Caper berries.
- You need of Olive oil.
Sourdough Pan Pizza instructions
- Add your dry ingredients to a large bowl and your wet ingredients to a small container..
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients using stiff.
- Using your hand lightly combine the ingredients ensuring all of the flour has been incorporated and leave to rest for 15 minutes in a covered bowl.
- Dust a work surface with flour and place the dough on a work surface and knead for 10 minutes. Place the dough back in the bowl and leave to rest for 1 hour..
- With a lightly oiled hand complete a stretch and fold by drawing the edges of the dough to the centre of the dough. Using your fingers form a tight dough ball and gently oil the top. Store the dough in an airtight container for 16 hours leaving it at ambient temperature..
- After 16 hours flour a worksurface and tip the dough out. Divide the dough into 3 individual portions weighing 280g.
- Knock back the dough pieces by rolling them in a circle on a table until they form tight balls by keeping a tight grip around the edges of the ball with your fingertips while applying some pressure from the palm of your hand on top.
- Place the balls onto a floured tray ensuring 5 cm gap between dough balls. Cover with clingfilm and leave to rest for 2 hours..
- Sprinkle a little flour on your hands and on the table. Lightly flour the top of the dough flattening and stretching the dough gently with your fingers..
- Rub a 32cm frying pan/skillet with olive oil and place on the hob on a medium heat. Turn your grill/broiler onto the highest setting..
- Pick the pizza base up and gently, without tearing, stretch it a little further over your fists. Transfer the shaped pizza onto the hot pan..
- Heat the pizza base until the bottom starts to colour and black leopard spots appear this should take 3-5 minutes..
- Top the pizza base with your topping of choice and then place under the pre-heated grill in your frying pan or transfer onto a baking sheet. Cook until cheese starts melting and leopard spots appear..