Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can have White Sourdough using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of White Sourdough
- You need 400 grams of very strong white flour.
- It’s 200 grams of white sourdough starter (100% hydration).
- You need 10 grams of salt.
- Prepare 275 ml of water.
White Sourdough instructions
- Mix ingredients together adding water last and keeping salt away from starter until water added.
- Bring together into a dough and knead well for 10-15 mins until smooth.
- Leave dough, covered at room temperature for 4-6 hours..
- Shape – using as little flour as possible- use oil if needed and a scraper.
- Leave to prove, covered, in a proving basket for another 3-4 hours.
- Sprinkle base with flour and turn out onto a baking surface – eg stone or pizza tray – heavily dusted with flour or semolina.
- Bake at 210C for 25 mins and 200 for a further 15.
- Turn oven off and leave bread on for a further 10 mins.