Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can cook Zombie Bread using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zombie Bread
- You need of soaker.
- It’s 300 ml of water.
- It’s 150 grams of old, stale bread chunks.
- It’s 250 grams of sourdough starter.
- Prepare of dough.
- You need 300 grams of strong white flour.
- Prepare 6 grams of salt.
Zombie Bread instructions
- Add the chunks of bread (can be any type, including mixed) to a bowl with the water and 100g of starter and mix together well.
- Cover in clingfilm and leave in fridge overnight.
- Remove soaker from the fridge and mash up any remaining lumps.
- Add the flour to a bowl and add the salt and remaining starter on opposite sides.
- Add the soaker to the bowl and mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Knead for 10 minutes until smooth and stretchy.
- Cover and place dough in the fridge for 8-12 hours..
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly oiled surface and shape, maintaining as much surface tension as possible by puling the edges together in the middle and then flipping the dough and stretching the top surface to remove the bottom seam.
- Heavily flour a proving basket (suggest 2:1 mix of bread flour and rice flour).
- Place dough in proving basket and cover for 1- 1.5 hours until well risen.
- Preheat oven to 240C for at least 30 mins.
- Turn out dough onto your baking surface which should be dusted with semolina.
- Score with a razor blade as desired.
- Throw 1/4 cup of water into the oven.
- Place the dough in the oven and reduce heat to 220C.
- Bake for 40-45 mins. If browning heavily turn down to 200C after 20 mins.