Sourdough bread. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a. This is a list of sourdough breads.
Sourdough bread is made entirely using wild yeast — with a strong, active sourdough culture of wild yeast, you won't need any commercial yeast at all. *** We've collected some of the most-asked questions from your comments on Patrick's bread videos and put them to him in this Q&A. In a nutshell, sourdough is slow-fermented bread. It's unique because it does not require commercial yeast in order to rise. You can have Sourdough bread using 4 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sourdough bread
- You need 110 g of starter.
- It’s 415 g of bottled water.
- Prepare 646 g of bread flour.
- Prepare 12 g of salt.
Instead, it's made with a live fermented culture, a sourdough starter. Making sourdough bread doesn't have to be complicated. This is one of the simplest sourdough breads you can make. I think it's the best, too!
Sourdough bread step by step
- Combine water and flour.
- Form into ball and let sit covered in bowl for 1 hr to let gluten start activating (Autolyse).
- Now add starter and then salt and use hands to combine.
- Now you should knead dough for around 15mins until you can pull dough and it doesn’t break and you can see some light through it (this is the window pane test).
- Form into ball and and put in bowl (no flour or oil) – cover with damo towel and rest for 4 hrs.
- Now you can shape ball by pulling sides over and over until nice and tight on one side (this is the envelope fold).
- Lightly rice flour cloth in bowl and rest upside down for another 30mins covered with towel (or for stronger sour dough taste leave for at least 8 hours covered in fridge).
- Preheat oven to 290c with hot skillet and baking dish on bottom.
- Place ball on skillet and score with big X across.
- Place in oven for 35mins and turn down to 230c and put boiling water in baking tray.
- Turn off oven and leave in for another 15mins (or less if you don’t want really brown crust).
- Place on cooling tray for at least 1 hour.
- Eat and enjoy.
I've fed my starter, so let's see what happens. You are here Bolted sprouted sourdough bread, baked in an oblong cloche, may be the perfect loaf to bring to a dinner party or just to enjoy at home. For those new to sourdough baking, this is a great place to start. This recipe makes fantastically delicious and healthy bread. Perhaps you've seen them on social media — sourdough loaves with burnished, intricately scored crusts and expansive, holey interiors — and wondered if you too could make this kind of bread.