Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sourdough pancake. But, these Sourdough Pancakes don't just have to be made on the weekends. The batter is easily put together, and since you probably have sourdough starter discard ready to be used. With their mild tang, sourdough pancakes are a tasty change from your usual breakfast short stack.
If you do choose to allow your raw pancake batter. Our favorite sourdough pancakes recipe is simple to whip up with just a few basic ingredients. Add toppings, like blueberries or chocolate chips to make. You can have Sourdough pancake using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sourdough pancake
- It’s 75 gr of sourdough starter (fed).
- It’s 150 ml of milk.
- You need 125 gr of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need pinch of salt.
- It’s pinch of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence (optional).
Sourdough pancakes are soft and fluffy with a hint of tanginess from the sourdough starter. Mix up your normal weekend morning pancake routine with these sourdough pancakes. How to Make Tender Sourdough Pancakes. Tender pancakes achieve their loft through leavening.
Sourdough pancake step by step
- Mix the fed sourdough starter with milk in a bowl..
- Add sugar and flour into the mixture. Mix it well..
- Let the batter rest for 15 minutes..
- Add egg and melted butter. Mix it well..
- Add pinch baking soda at last. Mix it well..
- Heat the non-stick pan with little butter. Wipe the butter off..
- Add a laddle of pancake batter on the pan. Bake it with low heat until it shows bubble air..
- After baking 1 minute, flip it over. Another tips: you may cover the pan for 30 seconds to excelarate/quicken the cooking time..
- Flip it and bake another 45 seconds to 1 minute..
- Transfer to plate and continue to bake the rest of batter..
- Serve it with any toppings.
When you make pancakes the leavening comes from the natural chemical reaction between acidic. An easy, one-bowl recipe for fluffy, homemade sourdough pancakes using leftover sourdough discard. Gently fold blueberries into the batter just before. Sourdough pancakes are nothing more than pancakes made with sourdough. Sourdough discard to be more specific, but you can also use it active if you like.