Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Southern banana pudding.
You can cook Southern banana pudding using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern banana pudding
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3 cup of milk.
- You need 4 of eggs separated.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 box of vanilla wafers.
- Prepare 5 of ripe bananas.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar.
Southern banana pudding instructions
- Heat up milk in a medium saucepan on low heat. Wisk in flour and salt until all of the flour is blended, no clumps..
- Add sugar to the mixture stirring constantly until it starts to thicken..
- Beat egg yolks and slowly add to the mixture stirring constantly. It should be around 170 max. Use a candy thermometer to check temperature. Should probably take 5 minutes after egg yolk is added..
- Take off the heat and add vanilla.
- Beat with mixer the egg whites and 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar until small soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup sugar slowly and beat until high stiff peaks are formed. Do not over beat..
- Layer a casserole dish pudding vanilla wafers banana slices pudding ending with pudding on top. If you have left over wafers you can line the edges or crumble on top or both. The last layer will be the meringue..
- Put into oven at 450 fahrenheit for 5 minutes or until browned. Take out and either serve immediately or preferably let it cool in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. It gets better once it's cooled down..