Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Bread bun/ Brotchen.
You can cook Bread bun/ Brotchen using 5 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bread bun/ Brotchen
- Prepare 100 gr of sourdough starter.
- Prepare 275-300 ml of water.
- You need 500 gr of bread flour/typ550.
- Prepare 50 ml of olive oil.
- It’s 10 gr of salt.
Bread bun/ Brotchen step by step
- Mix the sourdough starter with luke warm water. Stir it until it is dissolved..
- Add the bread flour. Mix it well..
- Let it autolyse in the bowl for 30 minutes. Cover the bowl with dry towel..
- Sprinkle the salt and olive oil. Mix it well..
- Bulk fermentation for 2 hours. Stretch and fold the dough once in each 30 minutes during the fermentation..
- Cover the bowl with wet towel and place it in the fridge overnight for 2nd cold fermentation in order to build aroma..
- The next day, take out the dough. On top counter, sprinkle little flour. Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces..
- Shape the dough into oval or round..
- Place the dough on the baking paper on top of baking tray..
- Cover the dough with wet towel..
- Proof the dough for another 60 minutes..
- While that, heat the oven for 220°C..
- Place a tin of 100 ml water at the bottom of oven, to give enough moisturizer to the bread..
- Poke the dough to check whether it is ready to be baked. If it is spring back slowly, the dough is ready to be baked..
- Score the bread deeply with razor/sharp knife..
- Place the baking tray in oven..
- Bake it 10-15 minutes with the water bath..
- After 15 minutes, remove out the water bath. Bake it for another 15-20 minutes..
- Switch off the oven, leave the bread in the oven for 5 minutes..
- Remove it out of oven, cool it down on a rack..
- Slice it after 1 hour..
- Enjoy the bread with any fillings..