Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sourdough Wholemeal Loaf 🍞🐾.
You can have Sourdough Wholemeal Loaf 🍞🐾 using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sourdough Wholemeal Loaf 🍞🐾
- You need 520 g of Wholemeal Flour.
- You need 180 g of Sourdough Starter.
- You need 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 150 Ml of Water (you might need a little more or less).
- You need 3 Tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 5-6 of Ice Cubes.
Sourdough Wholemeal Loaf 🍞🐾 instructions
- Combine the flour and water in a large bowl to make a rough, just combined dough. Add the water bit by bit, to make sure you don't add too much and the dough gets too wet. Cover, and leave to sit for 30 minutes- 1 hour..
- Add the sourdough starter and oil. First stir into the dough with a wooden spoon then tip out onto an oiled surface and knead for 10 minutes until it is smooth and elastic. You should be able to judge how wet the dough is here, and can add some more water if needs be..
- Form the dough into a ball and place in an oiled bowl. Leave to sit in a warm spot for 4-6 hours (until doubled in size.).
- Tip the dough out onto a floured surface and knock it back, folding it in on itself. Add the salt. Form the dough into a ball, you do this by scooping the underside of the dough onto the top with 2 fingers. Repeat at a 45 degree angle and repeat around the dough about 3 times. Flip the dough and you should have a nice ball-shape (tucking all the folds you have made in the bottom). Make sure the counter is well-floured, so the dough doesn't stick when flipped..
- Line a round cake-tin and place the dough onto it. Leave to proof for another 6 hours or overnight..
- Turn on the oven to 160 Degrees. In the bottom place a baking tray with the ice (this is to create steam to soften the crust.) Bake the dough for 35-45 minutes. For the last 10 minutes remove the cake-tin..