Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can have Sourdough bread using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sourdough bread
- You need 250 g of plain flour (not bread flour).
- You need 175 g of warm water.
- It’s 50 g of sourdough starter (must be bubbling and well risen).
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
Sourdough bread step by step
- Mix ingredients for form a soft dough using a table knife..
- Turn out onto a floured surface. Knead lightly, just enough to combine ingredients. Pop into a greased bowl and cover. Leave to proof for one hour..
- After one hour. Take out the dough. Knead very lightly. If it feels sticky, add a tbsp flour. If it is dry add a tbsp water..
- Stretch the dough and knead to improve texture and rise. Leave for one hour..
- Repeat the above step one more time. Then leave in the bowl overnight to proof..
- In the morning, take out the dough. Stretch and reshape then rest for one hour..
- Repeat and shape the dough into a ball by pulling the corners into the middle again. Proof for the final time for one hour..
- Sprinkle flour over the dough. Place the dough into a lined bread in or dish. Score the top with a sharp knife several times. Cover loosley with foil or a lid. Put into a preheated oven at 220C for 20-25 minutes..
- Uncover and bake for a further 30 minutes until golden..
- Slice and enjoy..