Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Buttermilk Honey Oat Sourdough Loaf.
You can cook Buttermilk Honey Oat Sourdough Loaf using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Honey Oat Sourdough Loaf
- It’s 250 gr of active sourdough starter (100% hydration).
- You need 480 gr of buttermilk (can add up to 640 gr depending on the consistency of the buttermilk). Add slowly if the dough is too dry.
- Prepare 120 gr of honey.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 300 gr of wholemeal flour.
- It’s 300 gr of bread flour.
- You need 200 gr of organic rolled oat.
- You need 40 gr of butter and more for spreading after baking.
Buttermilk Honey Oat Sourdough Loaf instructions
- When you feed the starter before you use it, in a big bowl, mix wholemeal flour, bread flour, oat, honey and buttermilk. Mix well until all are fully incorporated (no dry flour is left). Keep in the fridge until your starter is ready to be used – mixture A.
- By the time your starter ready (double in height in 3-6 hours), mix the starter, mixture A and knead it using mixer (I am using kitchenaid with C dough hook, speed one). Slowly2 add salt. Knead a few minutes until all are incorporated and add butter the last..
- Cover with clingwrap and leave in kitchen counter until it double in size. Other option is to start in the evening and leave it to rise for few hours and keep in the fridge to shape the next day.
- Deflate, shape and put it in loaf bread. Spray water on top and roll the dough in extra oat for topping (optional).
- Leave it for second rise..
- Baked in preheated oven (400 Fahrenheit, 200 celcius) for 35-40 minutes.
- When done, remove them from the oven, and remove them from the loaf pans to a wire cooling rack. Spread extra butter on top when the loaves are still hot. Let them cool completely before slicing..
- Serve with your favourite topping. I used cream cheese spread, mashed avocado, scrambled eggs and pomegranate 🥰.