Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Beetroot kheer. Beetroot kheer recipe with step by step pictures and video. Easy beets payasam made for Navratri as neivedhyam or even for fasting. I make Carrot kheer whenever there is excess carrot and milk.
The dish is a wonderful choice for children and adults. What's more, it is quite easy and quick to cook. Wash the beetroot well & then remove the skin & grate it or cut to small pieces. You can have Beetroot kheer using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beetroot kheer
- Prepare 200 grams of rice.
- You need 800 ml of milk.
- You need 4-5 tbsp of sugar(can be adjusted according to your taste).
- Prepare 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
- It’s 1 of beetroot puree.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped nuts of your choice for garnishing.
Cook the beetroot immersed in just enough milk till tender (use a pressure cooker). Beetroot Kheer Recipe is made during Religious fasting like Navratri fasting and South Indian Festivals. Paste of beetroot cooked in milk and garnished with cashew nuts, almond and raisins. Beetroot Kheer Recipe is made during fasting.
Beetroot kheer instructions
- Firstly wash and clean rice, keep a deep sauce pan on medium flame add in milk and 1cup of water now add in rice, let it get cooked until almost done.
- Add in beetroot puree, cardamom powder and sugar stir well cook until kheer is fully cooked&done..
- Garnish with some chopped nuts and serve..
Paste of beetroot cooked in milk and garnished with cashew nuts, almond and raisins. Beetroot kheer for babies is the most interesting and healthy dish. We all heared about beetroot soup,beetroot halwa. I love Beets, mainly for the lovely color and the unique sweet taste in them. I love to make different recipes using Beets and this is one such kitchen trials that turned to be so yum.