Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Orange Kheer/ Kheer Komola.
You can cook Orange Kheer/ Kheer Komola using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Orange Kheer/ Kheer Komola
- You need 1 L of Full Cream Milk: Boiled & reduced to about 1/2 or more.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 Cup of Fine Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Bay Leaf: To be discarded later on.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Green Cardamom Powder.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Dry Fruits: Chopped/Sliced.
- Prepare 1/8 Cup of Condensed Milk or Milk Powder: Optional- I haven’t used it.
- Prepare 1/2-1/3 Cup of Orange Juice: Freshly Squeezed- Boilef & reduced to 1/2.
- It’s 1/2-1 tbsp of Fresh Orange Zests/Rinds.
- You need 1/4 of Orange Essence: Optional- I haven’t used & normally don’t use it.
- You need as required of Garnish: As per your own choice.
Orange Kheer/ Kheer Komola instructions
- Boil the milk well & at the end result- it should yield just not more than 1/4-1/3 of the total quantity of the milk put initially for the boil- Once, the milk is sufficiently reduced & done, set aside to cool down completely.
- In the meanwhile, prepare the orange juice: Squeeze out the fresh orange juice & strain it well.
- Put the same on the boil too, to ultimately attain about 1/4-1/3 of its initial total quantity taken & let it cool down completely as well.
- Keep the dry fruits readily available & handy by chopping that well beforehand: For that, take it in a small plate & pour in 2-3 tbsps of water to soak well, which makes the chopping much easier & the desired shapes & sizes we’re looking for, be it a fine or a rough chop/s.
- Now, once both the milk & the Orange juice is completely cooled down- Firstly, mix both together until nicely combined & then again, put it back to the oven on the low-medium heat, & stir until it reaches the boiling point & then, turn off the flame.
- A VVI point to be noted: If the heat isn’t controlled at this point- chances are that, the entire thing getting curdled & tasting bitter if the heat isn’t kept in the bare minimum at this point.
- Garnish it as per your choice: Let it cool down completely & refrigerate it for about 2-3 hrs time before serving it absolutely chilled & then, simply ENJOY I bet, You all simply can’t ignore to make it at home and relish the very delicacy….