Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sourdough Pita Bread.
You can have Sourdough Pita Bread using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sourdough Pita Bread
- Prepare 1 Cup of sourdough starter.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cup of kamut flour (or spelt flour, whole wheat).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Rye flour (or rice, mashed potatoe).
- You need 2 cup of white flour.
- You need 2 Tsp of your favorite super seed(flax, chia, quinoa,sesame).
- You need 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- It’s 2 Tablespoon of Olive oil.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of room temperature water (after boiling).
Sourdough Pita Bread instructions
- Mix all dry ingredients first then add liquid. Slowly adding water to your mixing bowl while incorporate all ingredients together by hand. Knead your dough into a big smooth ball..
- Separate the dough into 4 equal parts and roll them into 4 smaller balls. Press down and roll the dough into 4 oval shape at about 1/4 inch thickness. Gently transfer the dough into 2 gallon size ziplock bags and allow them to rise at 90F oven(lamp only) for 6 hours or overnight on your countertop at room temperature about 65F..
- The next morning, heat your oven to 400 F degree. Transfer your dough onto a large metal non-sticking baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes on one side then 2 minutes on the other. You will see the bread puff up to form a large pocket. If no pocket forms, it still taste delicious..