Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Crunchy whole grain crackers. Made with nuts, seeds, and alternative flours, these crackers prove that you don't need grains to make a quality product. Crackers paired with hummus or nut-based cheese, or just eaten plain, make for a pretty wholesome snack. That is unless you don't look very closely to the type of crackers you buy.
Whole-grain crackers are few and far between at conventional stores. Kostro Miller, RD, LDN, who serves on the advisory board for Smart Healthy Living. They're these tasty ULTRA-crunchy crackers, full of seeds and fiber and whole grains. You can have Crunchy whole grain crackers using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crunchy whole grain crackers
- You need 1/4 cup of unbleached white flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of organic spelt flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of whole grain mix(equal quinoa, flaxseed, chia, cornmeal).
- It’s 1 Tsp of sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 Tsp of sourdough starter.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 pinch of pepper.
They come in a bunch of sizes, shapes, and flavors, with a few common attributes – they're different, and delicious..and higher-priced than your usual box of Ritz. Which means, to any baker worth his or her salt. These crunchy, nutty crackers are as good with a little peanut butter as they would be with a slice of cheddar or Brie. Three kinds of seeds are ground right into the dough, along with whole-wheat flour and almond meal.
Crunchy whole grain crackers step by step
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Add water and sourdough starter. Combine all ingredients well using a fork..
- Ideally, allow the batter to soak in a warm place for about 4~12 hours..
- Pour the batter on a nonstick Cookie sheet. Tint the sheet so that the batter could be evenly distribute on the sheet..
- Bake at 280F for 10 minutes. Score the leather-dry crackers into squares using a silicone spatula. Bake it again at the same temperature for another 20 minutes. Turn off the oven and keep the sheet in the oven to allow the remaining heat to pull out the moisture completely from the cracks..
- Store the cracks in a ziploc bag or a container..
These whole grains crackers are made from the finest quality ingredients and do not use any kind of chemical additives or artificial sweeteners. These whole grains crackers contain low carbs and minimal sugar percentages, that make them healthy foods to consume at any time of the day. Try all four flavors with your favorite spreads and toppings or use the crunchy snack as an alternative to chips. These crunchy Homemade Saltine Crackers are super easy to make and are ready in no time. Could I use whole wheat or halfvwhole wheat for this recipe? "It's pretty rare to find gluten-free whole-grain crackers, but Crunchmaster fills the need with a quality product that's tasty too," says Lauren Harris-Pincus, RDN, dietitian and author of The Protein-Packed Another plus: The flax seeds in these crackers add crunchy, hearty texture and satiating healthy fats.