Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Spinach rice (aka Greek spanakorizo). This simple, delicious, and authentic Spanakorizo (Greek Spinach Rice) makes a filling vegetarian meal or side dish. Fresh dill, chives, and lemon juice give it an extraordinary flavor and aroma. Spanakorizo: A traditional Greek rice and spinach dish that will become a winter staple, thanks to its flavor.
Spanakorizo – Greek Spinach Rice is a fabulous vegetarian or vegan rice recipe that's great as a side dish or a main. My mother used to cook this delicious. Spanakorizo (Greek spinach rice) – Do it like Popeye! You can have Spinach rice (aka Greek spanakorizo) using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spinach rice (aka Greek spanakorizo)
- It’s 1 kg of washed, cleaned spinach chopped (if you use baby spinach no need to cut it). You can also use frozen spinach instead of fresh.
- You need 1 of medium onion finely chopped.
- It’s 5-6 of spring onions finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of leak finely chopped.
- You need Half of tea cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 of small cup pudding rice (single espresso cup).
- It’s 2-3 of ripe tomatoes chopped (or canned chopped tomatoes-half can).
- You need 30 gr of parlsey chopped.
- Prepare 60 gr of dill finely chopped.
- You need of Juice from fresh lemons for serving.
Spanakorizo is probably one of the healthiest (and easiest!) traditional Greek recipes, which is Looking for a super healthy and delicious traditional Greek spinach and rice recipe? Spanakorizo is a classic Greek vegetarian dish packed with. As a Greek-American family, we eat this often, especially during lent and as a main dish. To improve the cooking method given, try this: saute rice along with onion add minced fresh garlic too, then add boiling water, cover and simmer for.
Spinach rice (aka Greek spanakorizo) instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a pot and fry the onions and the leak until lightly coloured (for abt 4 mins)..
- Add the spinach in the pan, turn it so it’s coated with the oil and mixed with the rest. After 2-3 mins the spinach will lose its volume. Then, add the tomatoes and the rice and stir it to be mixed with the rest. Add a cup of water and season with salt and pepper and let it be cooked for a few mins..
- Towards the end of the cooking (it needs rougly 20-30 mins), add the parsley and the dill..
- For serving, squeeze lemon on top of the food (I like to add the juice of half lemon per portion-besides, Vit C also helps absorbing the iron from the spinach)..
- Lastly, if you are not vegan, eat the spinach rice along with a good piece of Feta cheese and some toasted bread. Bonne appetit!.
Add the spinach, stir well and cover. My best friend and I backpacked around the Greek Islands for four months and loved every. This Greek Spinach Rice also known as 'Spanakorizo,' is perhaps one of the most popular, healthy, traditional and authentic of Greek dishes. It has a soft and creamy texture with an abundance of nutrients from the cooked spinach, fresh herbs, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil. Spinach and rice – Spanakorizo by the Greek chef Akis Petretzikis.