Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Mushroom and Sausage Sourdough Stuffing.
You can cook Mushroom and Sausage Sourdough Stuffing using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mushroom and Sausage Sourdough Stuffing
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 3 of shallots, minced.
- You need 2 pints of cremini mushrooms, quartered.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped fresh rosemary.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped fresh sage.
- You need 1 lb of italian sausage, cooked & diced.
- You need 8 cup of sourdough bread, cubed (1 loaf).
- Prepare 4 cup of chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need 1 of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 of freshly ground pepper.
Mushroom and Sausage Sourdough Stuffing instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a large baking dish with nonstick spray..
- Cook the vegetables: heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and cook until they are lightly golden, 5-6 minutes more..
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Stir in the rosemary, sage & sausage; cook, tossing occasionally, until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl..
- Prepare the stuffing: Add the bread to the bowl and toss with the mushroom mixture to combine. Gradually pour in the broth, tossing well as you pour to ensure it coats the bread mixture evenly. Season with salt and pepper..
- Pour the stuffing into the prepared baking dish and bake until the stuffing is heating through and the top is golden brown, 30-40 minutes. Let cool slightly; serve warm..