Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Egyptian Rice Pudding.
You can have Egyptian Rice Pudding using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egyptian Rice Pudding
- It’s 3/4 cup of Rice.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 4 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- You need of Raisins (Optional).
- You need of For Decoration:.
- Prepare of Crushed nuts (Optional).
- Prepare of Grated coconut (Optional).
Egyptian Rice Pudding step by step
- Start by washing the rice and soaking it for about an hour.
- Meanwhile, take 4 1/2 cups of milk, and mix it with however much amount of sugar you choose to use…. I used about 1/2 a cup of sugar!.
- Leave on medium heat until just warm, not boiled.
- With the left over 1/2 cup of milk, add in the corn flour and mix.
- Now wash the rice and add in the 1 1/2 cups of water and leave on high heat until it boils, then lower the heat completely and leave until all the water is gone.
- Add the rice to the milk prepared earlier and leave on medium heat for about 50 mins, mixing every 10 mins so it prevents it from burning..
- Add in the milk and the corn flour mixture and stir continuously until it thickens.
- Add in the vanilla and raisins if used and mix.
- Start serving the pudding into plates and decorate with crushed nuts and coconut..
- This can be served hot or be refrigerated and be served cold..