Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Catalan Three kings' cake.
You can cook Catalan Three kings' cake using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Catalan Three kings' cake
- It’s of Sourdough.
- You need 2 grams of fresh yeast.
- You need 90 grams of bread flour.
- You need 60 ml of whole milk.
- You need of Dough.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- It’s 350 grams of bread flour.
- Prepare 80 of granulated sugar.
- It’s 15 ml of cointreau.
- You need 15 ml of orange flower water.
- It’s 7 grams of fresh yeast.
- It’s 60 ml of whole milk.
- Prepare 70 grams of unsalted butter.
- It’s of Marzipan.
- It’s 75 grams of groung almond.
- It’s 25 grams of ground hazelnut.
- It’s 15 grams of ground walnut.
- You need 15 grams of ground coconut.
- Prepare 85 grams of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s of Topping.
- You need 60 ml of pomace brandy (ex. grappa).
- You need 50 grams of sugar.
- It’s 1 of eggs.
- It’s 30 grams of almond.
- Prepare 1 of box of dried and candied fruit.
- You need ml of vegetable oil.
Catalan Three kings' cake step by step
- Sourdough: Warm the milk a bit. Mix the yeast and the flour. Add the milk and knead. Let it rest (and raise) for 12 hours..
- Marzipan: mix all the ingedients, make a ball, wrap it in plastic wrap amd let it rest in the fridge for around 10-12 hours..
- Dough: mix the milk, the cointreau, the orange flower water. In another bowl mix the flour, the sourdough (must crumble it), the yeast, the sugar and the salt..
- Add the liquids and the butter (slightly melted) and kneed it. Cover it with a wet cloth amd let it rest u til it doubles its original volume..
- Press the mass down to take out the air and make a ball. Rub vegetal oil in your hands and make a hole in the middle of the ball and stretch it carefully until you have a crown. Flat the sides and put the crown on a oven-tray (covered in paper).
- Put the marzipan in the crown. Once done take the exterior side of the mass and cover the marzipan. Cover t once more with a wet cloth amd let it double its volume..
- Topping: Mix the brandy and the sugar and paint the crown. Beat the egg and paint the crown over the sugar. Put the candied fruts andthe almonds on it..
- Put in he oven for 25-30 minutes. Let it cool down before serving.