Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can have The In-betweener using 25 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The In-betweener
- Prepare of Cabbage-cabbage roll.
- It’s 1 of large head of cabbage.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of marjoram.
- You need 1-2/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- It’s 1 cup of rice.
- It’s 2 cup of water.
- You need 1 quart of beef broth.
- You need 1 tablespoon of kosher salt divided.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2-1/2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 quart of your favorite spaghetti sauce I used Hunts meat flavored.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Potatoes————————-.
- You need 2-1/2 pound of potatoes.
- It’s 15 ounce of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s As needed of water.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded cheddar /Monterey Jack cheese.
- You need of Side————————-.
- It’s 12 of Yorkshire Puddings see my recipe.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dill weed.
The In-betweener instructions
- Brown the beef, add the spices, only using 1/3 of the salt. Preheat the oven 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Carefully remove 8 outer leaves of the cabbage the meat mixture will make up to 10 or 12. I just needed 8..
- Cook the rice and boil the leave a couple at a time. Boil each tender about 10 minutes in the boiling water..
- Drain off the drippings and set aside for the yorkshire Pudding. Add rice and the tomato paste. Mix well..
- Chop up to cabbage and add to a oven safe deep pan. Add the beef stock and boil. Boil till the cabbage is wilted about 30 minutes..
- Add 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce to the meat mixture. Get the leaves and fill them up. Roll the leaves and set aside. Then add to the boiled cabbage that is in the beef broth..
- Pour the spaghetti sauce over the top. Then sprinkle with sugar over the top. Put into the oven for 1-1/2 hours covered..
- Wash peel and dice the potatoes. Boil till tender. Drain and add back to an oven safe pan add the milks and butter mash and mix. Add the cheese..
- Mix well and smooth out the top. Take a fork and rake across the top. Put it in the broiler till browned on the top. When you serve it put a little of the juices of the cabbage on top. This is my Granddaughters portion..
- Serve I truly hope you enjoy I know we did!!!.