Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
নলেন গুড়ের পায়েস / Date Palm Jaggery rice pudding/ kheer. Miniature Cooking – Mini Food Payesh-Rice Pudding with Date Palm Jaggery – খেজুর গুড়ের পায়েস-Payasam-kheer recipeMiniature Cooking – Mini Food Payesh-Rice. Date Palm Jaggery is a healthier alternative to sugar. This jaggery and sweets made from it are famous in East India.
Date Palm Jaggery Rice Pudding (Khejur Gurer Payesh ). Nolen gur, or date palm jaggery is a delicacy in Bengali cuisine as it is available only in winter and gives the most heavenly flavour to desserts. Twice in three days and both times the payesh, or rice pudding, got polished off with barely a small bowl leftover, which promptly got eaten up the next day. You can have নলেন গুড়ের পায়েস / Date Palm Jaggery rice pudding/ kheer using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of নলেন গুড়ের পায়েস / Date Palm Jaggery rice pudding/ kheer
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chinigura rice soaked with water.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 2 cup of liquid milk.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of Powder milk.
- You need 1 tablespoon of condensed/ evaporated milk.
- You need 2 pieces of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ghee.
- You need 1/2 of cup/as required Jaggery(nolen gur).
- You need 1/4 of th teaspoon cardemon powder.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of chopped dryfruits.
Exotic and fragrant, flavoured with jaggery, we are loving this Indian rice pudding by @spiceinthecityblog. The Indian harvest festival #makarsankranti is only a day away & I am celebrating with this gorgeous Nolen Gurer Payesh: Rice pudding flavored with the exotic & elusive. While we adopted some of the western traditions like cutting cake at birthdays we have forgotten some of our very own. Bong moms always fed their children payesh on their birthday mornings.
নলেন গুড়ের পায়েস / Date Palm Jaggery rice pudding/ kheer instructions
- Cook the rice with 1.5 cup water, liquid milk,powder milk and bay leaves on stove.when rice is 100% cooked,discard the bay leaves and add one pinch of salt and mash well..
- Then add condensed milk,cardemom powder and jaggery and cook them well. It brings a nice smell.Now add ghee from the top and garnish with dryfruits..
- Kheer is ready to serve.Enjoy..
Generally served in silverware with loads of love. Prepared with an aromatic short grain rice and date palm jaggery. This date palm jaggery is very flavorful and aids in making varieties of Bengali sweets in winter months. But unfortunately it is only available during winter season in West Bengal of India. In time between the rice pudding will set and enjoy delicious and chilled payesh in the festive morning.