Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Kentucky Hot Brown. A Hot Brown sandwich (sometimes known as a Louisville Hot Brown or Kentucky Hot Brown) is an American hot sandwich originally created at the Brown Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky, by Fred K. Bobby Flay's Ultimate Kentucky Hot Brown Sandwich. Kentucky Hot Brown. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
This is also great for Thanksgiving leftovers! How the Gooey, Cheesy Hot Brown Became a Kentucky Icon. Remove and place on a baking sheet. You can have Kentucky Hot Brown using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kentucky Hot Brown
- Prepare 1 lb of deli ham sliced thin.
- You need 1 lb of deli turkey sliced thin.
- You need 8 slice of tomato.
- Prepare 8 slice of bacon cooked to almost crisp or to almost desired doneness.
- It’s 4 of large slices bread, I use sourdough.
- Prepare 1 of Recipe cheese sauce, recipe follows.
- It’s 1 bag of potato chips, I use kettle chips because they hold up to the sauce.
Kentucky Hot Browns. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. As we gear up for the Kentucky Derby this week, we will be sharing authentic snacks and tipples to celebrate the day in proper Derby style. Kentucky hot brown is a traditional Louisiana dish made with turkey, bread, bacon, and cheese. To make hot brown, you must first cook a turkey breast.
Kentucky Hot Brown step by step
- Cook bacon to just shy of crisp or desired doneness..
- For cheese sauce, cook 3 tablespoons AP flour and 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan for a minute or 2. Whisk in 3 cups of milk and 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and a dash of nutmeg. I use white pepper because I don't like the looks of black pepper in cheese sauce. Cook on medium high til it boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese til smooth..
- Assemble open faced sandwiches. On a sheet pan place 4 large slices of bread, I use sourdough. On that pile turkey and ham and top with 2 slices of tomato on each. Drizzle some cheese sauce over each sandwich and top each with 2 pieces of bacon..
- Preheat oven to 450°F or use broiler. Place sandwiches in oven til hot and bubbly. Place each on a plate and surround with chips. Drizzle more cheese sauce over everything and enjoy..
From there, make batter and use it coat your. The Kentucky Hot Brown is a famed dish in the Bluegrass State. The Kentucky Hot Brown is a dressed up open-faced turkey sandwich that is eaten with a knife and fork. It is rich and decadent, made from easily obtained and inexpensive ingredients and is very filling. An act of revenge perpetrated by defecating in the target's car.