Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
You can have Tofu Salad using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tofu Salad
- You need 4-6 of Sprouts Bok Choy.
- Prepare 1 of Tofu Box Med-Firm.
- It’s 1/4 of Japanese Pumpkin.
- It’s 1 of Avocado.
- Prepare 2-3 of Egg (white).
- It’s 1/4 of Red Onion.
- Prepare of Spring Mix.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of Panko Bread Crumbs.
- You need 1/3-1/4 cup of Unbleached All-purpose Flour.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of Corn starch.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Rice Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 of Carrots.
- It’s 1/4 of Radish.
- You need 3 of Persian Cucumbers.
Tofu Salad instructions
- CAUTION: See my other recipes for vegetable shredding tools. Peel and shred carrot/radish, slice cucumbers long ways and set aside in a bowl with rice vinegar..
- Peel the outer bok choy leaflets and drop them in the bottom level of the steamer, and top it off with the inner cores. Steam lightly. Form a bed of greens, and top off with pickled vegetables..
- 1 bowl with egg and at least 1/3 the amount of oil, while the other flour, a fraction of cornstarch, panko and any additional spice seasoning to blend. Cut tofu block sideways into slabs, and then crossways to make even fun size for breading/frying. First egg coating, then raise up until any remaining drip is free, then evenly powder puff and let sizzle in fryer for a couple minutes..
- Turn up heat to medium and cycle through tofu. Flip ‘em over and let dry on a plate..
- Slice pumpkin into slices and prepare any additional flour/cornstarch to whisk remaining egg and flour into tempura batter..
- Turn to low heat, and drain remaining egg mixture, plus an additional egg into 1 bowl with flour mixture. Account for any remaining flour mixture and whisk together, produce balanced consistency light batter for tempura frying..
- Dip pumpkin slices and avocado into batter and let simmer for a minute in fryer. Set aside on plate. Top greens with tempura and Sesame Leaf Salad Dressing (Sesame Soup Base あおじそ) or ゆずだれ Seasonal Yuzu Flavor with grated radish..