Gulab jamun. Learn how to make Gulab Jamun at home with Chef Smita Deo on Get Curried. This Diwali, treat your brother with this delicious sweet specially made by you. Gulab jamun is a classic Indian sweet.
Gulab Jamun is a traditional dessert that is popular in South Asian countries such as India and Pakistan, as well as Caribbean countries such as Trinidad and Jamaica. Gulab Jamun is one of India's most popular sweet. These deep-fried dumplings/donuts made of dried milk [khoya] are dipped in a rose-cardamom flavored sugar syrup and make quite a treat. You can cook Gulab jamun using 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gulab jamun
- It’s of For Gulab Jamun Balls.
- It’s 200 gm of soft khoya.
- It’s 100 gm of paneer.
- You need 1/2 cup of Maida/All-purpose Flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of milk.
- You need of For filling.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mishri (sugar crystals).
- It’s pods of Green cardamom.
- Prepare as needed of Pistachios.
- Prepare pinch of Saffron thread.
- You need of For sugar syrup.
- You need 4 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of green cardamom powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Saffron strands.
- You need as needed of Ghee or refined oil for fry gulab jamuns.
Gulab Jamun is the most popular Indian dessert. Gulab Jamun's are deep fried donut-like balls, soaked in sweet rose flavored syrup. They are so delicious and taste absolutely heavenly. Gulab Jamun with Khoya: Gulab Jamun literally translated to rose berries, while rose means gulab and jamun are deep purple colour berries.
Gulab jamun instructions
- For making syrup in a pan add water,sugar let it boil and melt sugar, then add little milk to the syrup to remove impurities,sieve the impurities then add green cardamom powder and lemon juice.lemon juice will help syrup not to crystallise. The sugar syrup consistency should be like honey, must have same feel when you touch the honey. Sugar syrup is ready now keep it aside..
- Now take paneer in open plate or bowl rub it gently from palm till 5 min and make it smooth. After that add soft khoya to paneer mix it well with paneer again with help of palm rub it gently,then add little maida and make a soft dough if needed add milk.your dough is ready..
- Divide the dough into small balls,put saffron thread,mishri,pistachios and green cardamom pod in between and shape them into round spheres..
- Heat the oil or ghee to medium hot and add the dough balls to the oil.carefully rotate the oil so that the gulab jamuns cook evenly.once cooked remove carefully from oil and add to the warm sugar syrup and leave it at least till 1 hour..
- Your drooling gulab jamuns are ready to serve. Serve it warm or cold,enjoy..
Gulab Jamun is easily the most popular and loved dessert in India. Gulab jamun is best described as an Indian version of a donut immersed in a sweet syrup. Gulab jamun recipe is especially dear to me. Gulab Jamun is a legendary Indian sweet. In this surefire recipe, the delicate, spongy and melt-in-your-mouth berry sized deep-fried milk based balls are dunked into the skillfully flavored sugar syrup.